6 christmas cookie shapes!
5 ingredients, 5 minutes s’more cups
4 Layer Red Velvet Cake
3 Dozen Cookies
2 Dozen Reindeer
And a Cream Cheese Bonanza Caaaake
Today I had to go with the traditional Christmas sugar cookie with icing. I chose 6 of my favorite cookie cutters. I remember making these in school as a kid. My first grade teacher had a cooking class each week where we made something new. I don’t remember anything we made, but I’m sure that’s part of the reason I have this weird obsession with baking. Or what about those dough ornaments? Those things tasted so gross (they are not meant to be eaten) but when you add flour, sugar and water, with anything, i have to give it a try!
The recipe below makes about 2 dozen 4-inch cookies.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
Dough Ingredients (makes about 2 1/2 cups):
- 1 pound confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix butter and sugar in the KitchenAid mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- refrigerate dough for about 1 hour until firm.
- Remove from fridge and flatten with a rolling pin to 1/4 inches think.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until light brown. Don’t overbake!
- Decorate once completely cool.
I used both Willow and Stach tonight. I have decided that someone needs to invent an electric sifter!!! I’ve sifted more flour this week than ever before… definitely a stress reliever!
And remember, never leave the kitchen with a clean apron!
I ice a few, then add decorations so the sprinkles stick to the icing. Then refrigerate for a few minutes to firm the icing.
Why are aprons critical in my kitchen… beacuse I make messes!