12 Winter White Cupcakes
11 Jumbo Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
10 Inch Pumpkin Roll
9 Snowman Treats
8 Inch Snickerdoodle Cake
7 Gingerbread Kids Cupcakes
6 Christmas Cookie Shapes
5 ingredients, 5 minutes S’more Cups
4 Layer Red Velvet Cake
3 Dozen Cookies
2 Dozen Reindeer
And a Cream Cheese Bonanza Caaaake
Today is the LAST day of my 12 days of baking adventure. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blogs, are motivated to do some baking and maybe you even tried a recipe or two!
My favorites so far are the Bonanza Cake and the Snickerdoodle Cake. These were both new recipes for me this year and definitely earned a spot on the list for next year! My family is getting back from vacation today and I can’t wait for them to try all of these goodies. Plus I can’t wait to clear some room in the fridge and Tupperware containers! I will miss the sweet smell of frosting when I walk into the kitchen!
For the last day, I went with a very traditional recipe… a white cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting. Don’t let “traditional” steer you from this one. It tastes sooo good! The recipe below makes about 15 cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 egg whites
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 16 oz confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins.
- Stir together milk and vanilla.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add sugar.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to butter mixture alternating with milk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (this will take a few minutes). Fold into batter.
- Fill cupcake tins 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- For the frosting: cream butter, gradually add sugar and milk. stir in vanilla.
The egg whites need to form stiff peaks. Don’t stop the mixer until you get peaks that look like the picture below.
And remember, never leave the kitchen with a clean apron!