There’s no caviar but this is sure to attract the cowboys! This past weekend, my stepmom hosted a post Breckenridge ski trip party with the Jacksonville Ski Club. ( yes– Jax does have a ski club and it’s not water skiing! Check out the club here.) She put together a cowboy themed party and I helped set up. (Blog note: I am NOT creative. I’m an accountant. I take no credit for the creativity in these pictures. My ideas are borrowed from Pinterest, friends and bloggers like you.)
One of the highlights of the night was Cowboy Caviar. Actually, before the party even started, 1/4 of the dish was gone (I should wear a sign that says “beware –
may will eat yummy food”) This is a great, easy appetizer that’s sure to please the crowd (for those who get to taste it!).
Cowboy Caviar Ingredients
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped olives, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except the cream cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In order to prevent sticking, spread olive oil lightly (very lightly) to the serving platter you with you use. A big plate works great.
- Spread softened cream cheese over olive oil. Note- you will probably need to use a spatula and your fingers, grease with extra olive oil.
- Spoon bean mix over cream cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
We used bandanas with the centerpieces. Filled boots with flowers. Found checkered table clothes.
It’s not a ski party without skis!
Welcome cowboys and cowgirls!
Save me some of that guac please!
Hope you like this recipe! Please share when you used it.