After trying (and loving) the zucchini boats, I decided I might find a love in something else I don’t like… cauliflower. This recipe is not for the weak. It has a
little kick but the bowl was empty after dinner. 🙂 Roasting allows the spices to absorb in the cauliflower. There are many different ways to roast, but I found that 325 degrees for 1 – 1.5 hours works well.
Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Ingredients
- 4 cups cauliflower and broccoli, cut and washed
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp chile powder (adjust to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- mexican cheese or parmesan cheese to top, optional
- mix garlic, olive oil, chile powder and cumin in a bowl. Toss in the cauliflower and broccoli to coat well.
- Cook at 325 degrees for 1 – 1.5 hours in a shallow baking dish, stirring occasionally.
- With 10 minutes left, toss with lime juice and top with cheese.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro.
I also made oven fries. I love love love oven fries. It’s a healthy way to eat french fries and you can add your own seasonings so they taste different every time!
Directions for oven fries: Pick your favorite type of potatoes (I also like to use sweet potatoes with cinnamon and sugar). Cut into small, thin wedges. The thinner you cut, the more crispy the potatoes will turn out and the faster they cook. In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup olive oil with your favorite spices. I used a Sicilian blend (see below). Coat cut potatoes with the oil+spices. Place on a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, flipping half way through. I personally like to eat these plain but some people like them with ketchup.