I really wish I didn’t know that raw batter is harmful for me and can make me sick. It just tastes soooo good! Some recipes have
not so good gross tasting batter, but more often than not, the batter is better! Of course, you have to try the batter to judge it! I think my all time favorite batter is funfetti cake mix batter!
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day ❤ next week, I wanted to make heart shaped cupcakes. I also WAS craving some Peanut Butter &Chocolate (PB&C for short) – note: not craving anymore! Combine those two and you get Peanut Butter Marble Fudge Cupcakes. This is a super easy recipe for a hump day treat and actually uses marble cake mix!
Peanut Butter Marble Fudge Cake Mix Ingredients:
- 1 box marble fudge cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup water plus 2 tablespoons plus 3 tablespoons divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- chocolate frosting
- Mix 1 cup water, oil and egg whites until combined. Add white cake mix. Add vanilla.
- Divide 1 cup batter into a small bowl. Mix the cocoa mix with the 1 cup mixture. Add 2 tablespoons water.
- In the large mixing bowl, add 1 cup peanut butter. Add remaining 3 tbsp water.
- Divide the peanut butter mixture in cupcake tins.
- Top with about 2-3 tsp chocolate mixture and swirl with a butter knife.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Don’t overbake! Remove from oven and frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
These cupcakes are really rich so I only ate
a few 3 small and 1 regular sized cupcake. (ok truth: I only ate these because I haven’t worked out since Monday and craving a good run more than this sugar now!) There’s something about PB&C that makes the perfect combo especially fresh out of the oven. My favorite PB&C recipes are traditional Peanut Butter Blossoms and this PB&C cheesecake I’ve made before (will have to share next time). Do YOU have a favorite PB&C recipe to share?